Friday, May 28, 2010

Will it ever end??

Yesterday, i picked the Captain up from school. He came to the car visibly upset. He had a Flea Market day at school which his grade sponsored. I had made really great stuff for him to sell at the Flea Market and he was super excited to go to school that day and sell it all. I was expecting to see him super excited. He wasn't.

I asked him how the Flea Market went and he simply responded that it was "OK". It wasn't the Flea Market that was bothering him. I told him that he needed to tell me what it was that upset him so much. He told me that the class bully had been bothering him again. The Captain had received 100% on his space science test. It was once an area of obsession for him, so it was no surprise to me that he received 100% on that test. He told me that the bully saw his test grade and called him a cheater. The kids went on to say that the Captain was a worthless loser who could never pass a test nevertheless receive 100% on one. The Captain was devastated at the accusation and attack. The kid then went up to The Captain and stomped on his foot. Captain went and reported the foot stomping to the teacher and he child muttered an apology to my son. Then once the teachers attention was diverted, he did the same thing again. I saw my child's foot after school and it was discolored. I was furious.

I have reported this kid several times throughout the year. Little was done by the school to curb this child's behavior. The principal sat him down once and told him that he needed to leave the Captain alone. Which he did for a month, and then it all went back downhill. I looked at my child with tears in his eyes and told him that he wouldn't have to deal with that kid again. He needs to get through the next few weeks and then I was going to pull him out of that school and homeschool him. He would be able to feel good about himself and would be able to interact with children that would treat him with kindness. The Captain was happy and relieved at the prospect. Everyday it becomes more and more apparent that this is my only option for my kid. Sometimes when God wants you to do something and you are on the fence, he makes his desires more apparent each day. I am taking this as a sign from God and I am gonna give it a try.

2 comments:

  1. Really proud of your decision. I think you have your child's best interests at heart and are letting God decide your choices. Not Easy -but probably right

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Sara! I ain't gonna lie... I am scraed out of my freaking mind!!! But, I feel really strongly that this is something that God wants me to do at this time. Whether it be for his benefit or my own (hopefully the both of us :) )
    I spoke with a few of my aunts who work as a teacher and a guidance counselor. They weren't too supportive, BUT they do work for a school that has a whole program devoted to special needs kids and emotionally disabled kids. A lot of their suggestions for me weren't realistic because the Captain's school does not have such resources.

    I wake up every morning questioning this decision, but I feel deep inside that its the right one. I really appreciate the support though!

    So proud of your accomplishments and your beautiful family girl! Once i become more financially stable, I might have to get in touch and chew your ear off about Arbonne!

    ReplyDelete